Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let Freedom Ring!

Happy early Independence Day, everyone! This year, I get to go on what my ma and pa call an "adventure" for the long holiday weekend. We're hightailing it to North Carolina tomorrow to beat the heat.

However, the first Fourth of July I spent with both my ma and pa was right here in sunny Savannah, and it was a great day. First, we loaded up a chilled watermelon in my car:

And headed over to our friends' house for a good, old-fashioned cookout. There were corn dogs, onion rings, funnel cakes, Lone Star beers and pie.

There was also a bunch of gooey goodness that fell on the ground. I did my part to help clean up:

I also met a friend there, a dog by the name of Blue. We played and played and played.

I got tired and had to rest a spell (these plants provided a nice cushy respite).

Then, we watched some fireworks:

Happy Independence Day, everyone! Let freedom (and F-U-D) ring.




No comments:

Post a Comment