Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cancer Barked Up the Wrong Tree

Today my ma, pa and I participated in the American Cancer Society's "Bark for Life" event held in Daffin Park. We were the third-highest fundraisers, thanks to my friends Richard and Shelley Spivey, Chris and Leslie Brown, and my ma and pa, of course! Approximately 1.5 million people will be diagnosed with cancer this year, and we want to do our part to bring that number down to zero! Don't forget, too, that dogs can get canine cancer, like my predecessor Beauregard.

We set out early this morning to the park. I'm ready to take a bite out of cancer:



My pa even walked with us (and hauled the goodie bag):


There were all kinds of dogs there today. Big dogs:


Little dogs:


And bloodhound doggies, which are the closest dog breed (genetically speaking) to the basset hound. Can you see the similarities?


This is my new, drooly friend Gracie:


I also got to see my pals from Case Veterinary Hospital. I was happy to see them and they were happy to see me.

Look - cars come in different sizes the same way dogs do:

After the one-mile walk, I was really pooped. Pa brought the Fiat to the park so I wouldn't have to walk all the way home (thanks, Pa!) That's how I roll.






No comments:

Post a Comment