Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On the Road Again

I've been absent from the blog lately because work and play have had my tush traveling across three states. I was in Atlanta and northwest Georgia last week for work and got to spend one night with my sweet boys in Chattanooga.

I swear, they have both grown a foot since I saw them last. This was the morning I was leaving town, and little Walt was upset that I had parked my "super fast" car in front of the hotel because he was certain that someone would steal it, on account of it being "super fast" and all. Don't worry. The car wasn't stolen, and Walter had a fun time the night before in the "great big bubble bath," aka Marriott jacuzzi.

Noel enjoyed the water, too:

When I finished up with my work obligations last Friday morning in Atlanta, I headed down I-85 and across some back roads in Alabama (not for the fainthearted) towards Fort Walton Beach. My sweetie was working on a project at Eglin Air Force Base, so I did my best to help him.

Actually, that was a lie. I enjoyed a lazy weekend in the sun.

Don't forget all that delicious seafood at the beach. Pietro and I enjoyed a dinner one night at Red Bar, in Grayton, and lunch one day at Seagrove Village Market:

You can keep Destin and Panama City and all of their t-shirt shacks, overpriced fried seafood platters and putt-putt places, but I am a sucker for the beaches along Highway 30-A. Although I do love my new hometown of Savannah, Tybee just can't compete with the sugary sands of Florida's panhandle. Here's hoping that the BP oil spill passes you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment