Thursday, March 3, 2011

Get Well Wishes for My GrandMum!

Even though I am definitely a southern girl, I do have European ties. As you know (or should know), my breed is a French one, with the word basset meaning low to the ground.

But did you know that I also have ties to the United Kingdom? Sawbridgeworth, in particular. That's where my grandparents Mary and John live. Here's a picture of them visiting me last year.

Don't they look nice? That's because they are.

Last month, my ma and pa got word that my GrandMum fell and broke her ankle. She has been recuperating since then and is improving every day, but I wanted to take this opportunity to tell her that I hope she gets better real soon. If I were there, I would do my best to help her out, but I hear that my Grandpa John and Aunt Jane and Uncle Jeremy are pretty good helpers, too.

My GrandMum is so thoughtful, she sent me a card the other day! My very own piece of mail in the shape of doggies, one of whom looks kind of like me! Thanks, GrandMum, and I hope you get to feeling better soon!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sadie, for the lovely blog and your good wishes. I'm pleased that you liked our postcard with the doggies on!

    A nice lady came to see me at home today to give me lots of exercises to make my legs stronger for when I can use them again, but I'd much rather be walking around the park with you!

    Lots of love, and to your Ma & Pa,

    GrandMum Mary xxxx

    ReplyDelete