Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sadie Turns to Eastern Medicine

Hello, everyone. My ma has made me rest up this weekend and take my medicine so I am continuing to get better. However, my back and neck are still a little sore, so my ma asked her friend, Dr. Patricia Wilfert, to come test out acupuncture on me. Dr. Wilfert, or Miss Patricia as I call her, works as a veterinarian in Kennesaw and has been taking lots of classes in veterinary acupuncture.

Acupuncture is the application of small needles to various points on the body to treat almost any disease or condition, and is especially useful for pain. Acupuncture dates back nearly 7,000 years to India, and Stone Age humans used fishbone needles in China 5,000 years ago. Veterinary acupuncture is almost as old, with one of the earliest records being some 3,000 years ago for the treatment of elephants.

First, Miss Patricia put a couple of needles into points that are supposed to relax me:

I didn't think it would really relax me, but pretty soon, I got kind of sleepy and just sat on down. Then, Miss Patricia put needles into all my trouble spots:

And before I knew it, I was in hog heaven. Miss Patricia even gave me a massage.

Now if you'll please excuse me, I need to go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment