Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Doctor, Doctor - Give Me the News

Today marked six weeks ago that I had my little back surgery, so Dr. Shealy wanted me to come back for a checkup so he could see how well I was doing. He gave me a clean bill of health and told my Ma that she could progressively start working our way back to our old routine. Already, we've gone on 20-minute walks or so, and before too long, he said I would be back to my old routine of 45-minute to one-hour walks. Just in time for the Savannah summer!

In other good news, Dr. Shealy said that, in all his years doing this kind of back surgery, he's never had to do follow-up surgery on a basset hound (knock on wood). Dachshunds have the highest rate of recurring issues at 19 percent, so watch out, Spuddy!

Dr. Shealy is such a nice man. Can you tell how much I adore him? My Ma and Pa think he's pretty swell, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment