Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sage, Wyoming Style

So a friend of mine, Leah Yetter, has a wonderful blog called Uprooted Magnolia. I highly recommend it. The other day I was reading about her latest adventure in Wheatland, Wyoming, at the Wheatland Farmers Market, where she bought some herbs. She also described an interesting sounding delicacy -- fried sage.

A lightbulb went off. I have an abundance of sage. I mean, sage is practically coming out of my ears.

I picked about 1/100th of this and rinsed it and patted it dry:

Threw it into a frying pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper (per Miss Leah's instructions):

And ended up with this tastiness:

Next time, I think I will cook it until it is all good and crispy. I ended up eating some of this as is and chopping up some to go into a marinara sauce.

Does anyone have any interesting uses or recipes for sage?

No comments:

Post a Comment