Monday, February 15, 2010

Best in Show Sadie?

It's that time of year again. The time of year where my mom practices having me run across the den on a leash beside her, turn, and run back again. Yup, if only I weren't fixed and if only my mom had an evening gown and a pair of SAS shoes.

It's WESTMINSTER, y'all!


The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show -- the Super Bowl for Hounds -- will air live tonight on USA from 8 to 9 p.m., then will switch to CNBC from 9 until 11 p.m. Tonight will feature the HOUNDS (go hounds!), toy, non-sporting and herding. Tomorrow night will showcase the sporting, working and terrier groups, and finally -- BEST IN SHOW!!! Tomorrow night, the entire event will be on USA from 8 until 11 p.m.

I am torn...I don't know whether to root for the HOUNDS:


Or a Scottish terrier, who is actually favored to win. I normally wouldn't root for a terrier, but this terrier's name is Sadie! She is four years old and has won more than 100 best in show ribbons and is the overwhelming favorite to complete dogdom's Triple Crown this week at Westminster.


Alas, Sadie has not always had good luck at Westminster. Last year she got spooked and the year before that she took a wee (that's what my English relatives call it) on the carpet inside Madison Square Garden. How embarrassing! I would never do anything like that. Poor Sadie. I think I am going to have to root for her.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment