Monday, February 1, 2010

Greetings and Salutations


Hello, there. My name is Sadie and I am a basset hound. My full name is Sadie Maybelle Fullbright (I was named after Mother Maybelle Carter - my mother is a big country music fan), but I usually just go by Sadie, Sadie May, Monkey Butt, Whistle Britches or Do-Ro. (My Pop Pop gave me the name Do-Ro...it's a combination of Do-Do and Moron.) I was also once described as a "long dog." That is true, but I am not very tall, thus the title of this blog.

My favorite things are chewing sticks, going for long walks in Daffin Park, riding in my Pa's Fiat, chasing balls and playing with my chew toys. Oh, and I also enjoy having a fish on my line, which is a euphe-, a euphe-, another way of saying I like to sleep. My very favorite thing in the whole world though is f-u-d, especially s-u-p-p-e-r.

Last October, my mom and I moved to the historic town of Savannah near the coast of Georgia. We'll use this blog to document our adventures and discoveries along the way.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sadie - LOVE your blog. How does your new home in Savannah compare with your old home? Is your life more exciting now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan. My mom says your real name is Butter Cup. Did I mention I like butter? I love my new home and my pa, but sometimes I do miss having a nice big fenced-in yard. My pa says I can have a fenced-in yard after he gets my mom a new kitchen. I love you, Jan!

    ReplyDelete